Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm Back!

I just got back from the "Do Hard Things" conference, it was great! First Alex and Brett opened by telling us how the Rebelution started. Then Alex talked about "The Myth of Adolescence", how teenagers these days only rise to meet our culture's low expectations, and no more. Our culture tells us that the teen years are the time to have fun and to do what we want, they have conditioned us to believe that we are useless and unable to "Do Hard Things". But the Bible tells us that we can do all things through Christ. So through God, teenagers can "Do Hard Things".

More to come.

-cj

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cj! Glad you made it back! Looking forward to more on the conference.

Kaysie

Kade said...

Good to have you back! That's right, through Christ we can do hard things.
~Kade

Margaret Braun said...

Good to finally hear from you again.

Kade said...

Hey, I can't wait!

-Kole

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Can't wait to hear what stood out to you!!

Alyssa said...

Oooohhh, I am so jealous! :D

Looks like you had a great time! =)

Penn Tomassetti said...

What do you think the hardest things are for teens to do? (Serious things, I mean?)

For those of us who were home schooled, the perspective must be much different than for those who went to public schools and do not have in-depth Christian education.

I'm teaching a teen Bible study for people who did not grow up with the same privileges I did. Any thoughts on what to think about? I think I'll start a blog and post these questions for you guys to comment on. Thanks.

Penn - a worm that looks to Jesus.