Saturday, June 7, 2008

To be Truly Great

"Certain men might have been something if they had not thought themselves so. A consciously great man is an evidently little one." -C.H Spurgeon

A great man is a humble one, If we view ourselves as great and think we should be treated as so, then we are not great and we will always be angry that we are not being treated as we think we deserve. Mark 10:43 says that, "Whoever would be great among you must be your servant." We must be servants, then we will be great in God's kingdom.

Matthew 20:27-28, "And whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the son of man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

Even the greatest person ever came to serve, and
if we want to be great we must follow his example.

8 comments:

Meshaay said...

It's like the song "Not what you see" by Kutless.

Margaret Braun said...

There are a couple of verses in Proverbs that say "before honour is humility."

Kade said...

I like that qoute! If you don't mind I would like to use it on our blog! I ask the other guys first!

-Kole

cj said...

I don't mind

Kade said...

Whenever I think of being great, I think of the "Donut-man" song. Check out my post on the side-bar.
~Kade

DTH Rocket said...

My sister is finding that out the hard way.

Penn Tomassetti said...

Very convicting post. I'm going to pray God makes me a servant to those I'm ministering to.

Thanks for this post.

Alyssa said...

Great post, CJ! To be a truly great man, one must first learn to be humble. :)