Friday, June 13, 2008

Meekness

In my last post I talked about how God is most glorified when we have our joy in him, Isaiah 29:9 says "The meek shall obtain fresh joy in the Lord." God blesses the meek with joy so that he may be glorified, and that is the chief end of man and of God, to glorify God! So, meekness brings glory to God.

"Real strength is the backbone of meekness." -C.H.Spurgeon

Matt 5:5- "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth"

"Meekness is not weakness, it is strength under control" -John Macarthur

"Meekness is the power to absorb adversity and criticism without lashing back." -John Piper

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. So this is your theme? It is a great one!
I remember when I first learned the true definition of meekness while studying Ephesians (love that book!).
It is a character trait I strive and pray that is manifested in my life.

Thanks for the great reminder, CJ.
Kaysie

Kade said...

Great theme man! I liked it the first time I got on!

-Kole

Margaret Braun said...

That last one's for me. The biggest thing for me when it comes to meekness is to keep silent.

Sean John said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Not many others words can encompass my admiration for meekness. Imagine how pleased our God will be in heaven for the meek. Let us all strive to be meek, by God's grace. :)

God bless you, cj!

Alyssa said...

Wow. Wonderful post. Yeah, some people think being meek is a form of weakness, but it's not. It's a way of glorifying God - being humble and meek, just like His Son, Jesus.

~ Alyssa C.

Unknown said...

RYC: Thanks so much for signing the petition. I hope we can go to congress with that someday. I have no idea how to do that, but I'm sure God will provide a way. :)

Eric

Unknown said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I linked to you in my latest post.

Eric

Margaret Braun said...

Why would you be honoured to pray for me? Thanks.

Erik B. said...

You hit home on that one. We all need meekness. Great post.

BTW, this is my first time on your blog. I like what I've seen. I got the link from Eric Novak's blog.

Erik B.

Margaret Braun said...

BTW: Thanks for your prayers. I did really well on my exam.

cj said...

Yay!